If you do not have a rolling pin use a clean empty wine bottle to roll out.
- 350 g lean pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 g no-need-to-soak dried apricots
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- salt and pepper
- Cut the pork into small cubes and mix with the onion, fry in the oil for a few minutes.
- Roughly chop the apricots , add to the pork with the orange juice and seasoning .
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Cut the margarine into small pieces and rub into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs . Add enough water to mix to a soft dough.
- Divide the pastry into 4 pieces and roll each ppiece out to a 15 cm/6 inch circle.
- Divide the pork mixture between the rounds, dampen the edges with water and bring together to one side of the filling .
- Seal and pinch the edges and place the parcels on a greased baking tray.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour.
- Garnish as illustrated and serve with a salad.