Delicious pumpkin & goat’s cheese muffins. The perfect lunchbox filler.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. oats
Goat Cheese Filling:
- 225g Woolwich Dairy Plain N Simple Spreadable Goat Cheese
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- While oven heats, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a handmixer, in a medium bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Once incorporated, add eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into large bowl with dry ingredients and slowly fold together until mixed. Do not over-mix.
- To make the goat cheese filling, in a separate bowl, mix Woolwich Dairy Plain N Simple Spreadable Goat Cheese with brown sugar. Mix well until sugar is fully incorporated.
- Time to layer your muffins! Scoop 1.5 tbsp. of muffin batter into 12 lined muffin tins. Layer in 1 tbsp. mounds of goat cheese filling, placed in the middle of each muffin. Pour remaining ½ tbsp. of muffin filling around the goat cheese mound. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and oats.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Allow muffins to cool before transferring to a cooling rack.