- 1 packet (368 g/13 oz) packet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- Beaten egg to glaze
- 450 g/1 lb sausage meat
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chutney
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Salt and pepper
1. Roll out the pastry to an oblong measuring 25 cm×35 cm/10×14 inches.
2. Mix all the filling ingredients together, season well.
3. Arrange the filling down the middle of the pastry .
4. Cut the edges of the pastry diagonally into 2.5 cm/1 inch strips, up to the filling.
5. Fold these strips of pastry over the filling to form a plait, dampening the edges with water in order to hold them in place.
6. Brush with a little beaten egg and bake in a moderately hot oven for 40-45 minutes.
7. Serve hot or cold, with a salad.