- 100 g butter or margarine
- 50 g demerara sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 175 g rolled oats
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 100 g dates, chopped
1. Base-line and grease a 28×18 cm/11×7 inches Swiss roll tin.
2. Melt the butter or margarine and sugar in a large saucepan over a low heat, then stir in the remaining ingredients. The mixture should be fairly stiff.
3. Spread the mixture in the prepared tin and bake in a moderate oven for 40 minutes.
4. Cut into 12 equal portions while still hot, and leave to cool in the tin.