For those emergency episodes where you want a cookie, but you don’t want to risk your cravings with a whole batch of cookies. A single serve and jumbo sized salted chocolate chip cookie will fix anything at anytime.
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons of 1 lightly whisked egg *See Notes
- 2 teaspoons granulated sweetener(if not following low carb, sub with white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond flour (if not following low carb, substitute with plain or all purpose flour plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder)
- 2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes to sprinkle (optional)
How To Prepare
Preheat oven to 176°C | 350°F. Whisk together the melted butter, egg, sweetener, sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
Add in the almond flour (or plain flour if using) and the chocolate chips, mixing through gently until the batter is well combined and creamy.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden browned and the cookie is set. Allow to cool and sprinkle with salt flakes.
*When recipe testing, I found the best outcome was to use 2 teaspoons of 1 whisked egg. You can try to use egg whites, however the fat content in the yolk helped crisp the edges. Reserve the rest of the whisked eggs for scrambled eggs or an omelette!