The combination of sweet potato, quinoa, oats, and flax in this super easy recipe make these delicious buns a rich source of nutrients. Use in place of a regular hamburger bun, to make a delicious sandwich or toasted as a snack with your favorite toppings!
Recipe by The Culinery Gym
Preparation time:60 minutes
Cooking time: 20minutes
- 2 cups sweet potato, baked and peeled
- ¼ cup flax seeds, ground
- ½ cup dry rolled oats, ground
- ½ cup dry quinoa, ground
- ½ cup whole pecans, ground
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
How To Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix in the ground flax.
- Add the ground oats, quinoa, pecans, and baking powder to the bowl. Mix everything until the batter has an even consistency, but try not to overmix.
- Use your hands to form mix into buns that are about ¾-inch thick and 3 to 4 inches in diameter. Place the buns onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then carefully flip the buns. Sprinkle each bun with a bit of sesame seeds.
- Bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes until the buns are browned to your liking. Remove from the oven and let the buns cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Stores in the fridge for 5 days.