- 3 eggs
- 75 g caster sugar
- 75 g plain flour, sifted
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- caster sugar for dredging
- Line and grease a 23×30 cm/9×12 inches Swiss roll tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until very pale and thick enough to leave a trail when the whisk is lifted out.
- Carefully fold in the flour using a metal spoon .
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it out lightly . Bake in a hot oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place a clean tea towel o a work surface , cover with greaseproof paper and dredge with sugar.
- Turn the hot Swiss roll on to the paper.
- Trim off the edges, spread with jam, and using the cloth and paper as a guide , quickly roll up tightly.
- Dredge with caster sugar and cool on a wire rack.