Today we are going to represent you a very old family recipe of pralines, which are considered to be rather appreciated by all family members without any exceptions. These cookies are tasty and will be suitable with coffee, tea, cacao and even hot milk.
List of requested products:
- 1 cup of ordinary whole fat buttermilk;
- 1 pinch salt;
- per 1 teaspoon baking soda and vanilla extract;
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 cups of pecans
Begin to cook
- First of all you have to combine buttermilk, sugar, corn syrup and salt. For this purpose you will need a large pan. You see, it will enlarge in volume, when you add some soda.
- Put on a low heat mode for boiling.
- Add soda and boil until the mixture inside turns into a soft ball, which should be cooled then under the cold water.
- With the help of special candy thermometer make the necessary temperature of 115 degrees Celsius. The syrup should be in the state of soft balls. How to achieve the necessary results? It is quite easy in fact. – Just drop a bit of this substance into the cold water. You have a small soft ball, do you? – Congratulation! – You have got it!
- Remove your future dish from the fire and add some vanilla.
- After that it is recommended to whisk it. Do it until the moment your mixture changes the color and becomes thick.
- Stir in your pecan.
- Your baking tray should be greased well. Mind this point, please, as it is really very important. Otherwise, your tasty candies will stick to the bottom. Foil or wax paper is also recommended.