Eggplant, cooked according to the recipe below, is a truly delicious dish. Everyone, who tries it, will like it. Despite the fact, that this delicacy has excellent taste qualities, its benefit to the human body is very high. This vegetable has almost the entire list of vitamins, which are absent in many summer season vegetables.
Those people who often eat meat and do not like vegetables, will definitely love this recipe. Prepare them according to our recipe and you will be delighted!
List of required products
- Bulgarian pepper — 2 pcs
- Cheese hard grades — 100 grams
- Garlic — 5 denticles
- Eggplant — 3 pcs
- Bitter pepper (fragrant) — 1 pinch
- Tomatoes -2-3 pieces
- Sour Cream — 200 grams
- Potatoes — 2 pcs
- Salt — 1 pinch
- Mayonnaise — 2 tablespoons
- Onion — 1 pc
Start the process
- Wash the vegetables indicated in the recipe and put them to dry
- Cut onion into semi-rings or rings, but adhere to the thickness (no more than 2-3 ml).
- Boil potatoes for 10-15minutes, peel them and cut into small mugs.
- Next, remove the peduncle from each tomato and peel the skin. Cut them into mugs of 3-4 ml. As you may know, removing skins from tomatoes is called «blanching.» This process is the temperature drop. Make on each tomato two small, cross-shaped incisions. Place a few tomatoes in boiled water (about 4-5 minutes). Then pull out one by one and immediately put in very cold water. Having made this action, you can easily remove the skin from each tomato.
- Take pepper, remove the seeds and cut into small rings.
- Take eggplants and cut off the peduncles. Cut them into the plates along the length, but do not bring the knife to the end. They should turn out like little books. While preparing this treat, do not remove the skin from purple vegetables, because during the process it can become of a different form. It is best to buy young eggplants. In such vegetables, the skin is very thin and the taste is good. After you chop the vegetables, place them in a bowl with salt water. They should stay there for about 20-30 minutes. Thanks to this action, the eggplants will not be bitter.
- Put one mug of each previously sliced vegetable between the strips of the cut purple vegetable: onion, tomato, sweet pepper.
- Take a small bowl and place fragrant pepper, salt, mayonnaise and sour cream in there. Chop the garlic and put it there too. Mix well. Any fat content mayonnaise (or sour cream) is suitable for this dish. But it is better to take a very fatty product. Due to the fact that the structure of the eggplant is spongy and perfectly absorbs fat and oil.
- Take the cheese and grater. Rub it on the largest fraction. Add it to the sour cream and mayonnaise mixture.
- Grease the brazier (using vegetable oil) and put eggplants on it in the form of a book with vegetables. Pour a prepared mixture of grated cheese and sour cream on them. If you wish, you can use a dressing instead of a mixture of sour cream and cheese, which is made on the basis of olive oil and soy sauce.
- Sprinkle seasoning on the dish (to your taste). It will add a slightly different flavor. This way you can cook other vegetables (zucchini). You will get a tasty dish, but with the other basis.
- Take food foil and cover the eggplant. Place them in the oven, heated to 180 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes. After you get a baking tray with eggplant from the oven, you can chop the greens and sprinkle the dish with them. Perfectly suitable ones are basil and coriander. These herbs are well combined with eggplant and tomatoes.
- It is best to serve it when it has not cooled down. The hard cheese will melt, and with the sauce in a hot temperature, it will produce a stunning scent.