Fluffy banana bread for breakfast in the form of pancakes with melted chic chips and maple syrup to start the day the banana right way.
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour(or plain/whole wheat all purpose flour(s))
- 3/4 cup white self raising flour (or plain/all purpose flour(s))
- 4 tablespoons sweetener or sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (1 tablespoon if using plain or all purpose flours)
- 2 ripe bananas , mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light butter , melted or oil of choice
- 1 3/4 cups low fat/skim milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup choc chips
How To Prepare
Whisk together the banana, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Add the butter/oil whisk again. Add the flour/s, sugar and baking powder and mix until just combined. Pour in the milk and mix again. Fold through choc chips.
Cook on a greased nonstick pan/skillet over low — medium heat, pouring 1/4 cup batter per pancake until golden, and flip.
Repeat with remaining batter.
To serve, drown in some syrup.