Smoothies and smoothie bowls are one of the simplest and most efficient ways to get all your nutrients in — and they taste amazing! Try this decadent chocolate cherry and Brazil nut version for a vitamin-packed breakfast or snack.
Recipe by Derek Sarno
- 1 cup cherries, frozen (no pits)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 tablespoon almond butter, smooth
- 5 dates, pitted
- 6 Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs (optional)
- Fresh cherries to garnish (optional)
How To Prepare
- Combine and blend the frozen cherries, almond milk, banana, spinach, almond butter, dates and cocoa until smooth.
- Serve immediately in a bowl with toppings of pumpkin seeds, brazil nuts, cacao nibs (and fresh cherries if you like).
- To increase the protein content, of the smoothie, try adding a scoop or two of your favorite plant-based protein powder and increase the amount of spinach.
- Add extra banana or other fruits for a more calorie dense version.