Gazpacho is a delicious, zesty chilled tomato and vegetable soup perfect for hot summer days! This recipe is ready in 15 minutes and makes a great appetizer or cold soup that everyone loves.
Cooking time: 15minutes
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes diced or 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 medium sweet onion cut into fourths
- 1 large bell pepper deseeded and cut into large pieces
- 1 large cucumber peeled and cut into large pieces
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large cucumber peeled and cut into large strips
How To Prepare
Add tomatoes or tomato juice, onion, bell pepper, cucumber and cloves to a blender. Blend until well-blended, but not completely smooth and pureed. Add olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and hot sauce. If using horseradish, add it as well. Blend until well-blended and the consistency you prefer.
Pour into a large non-reactive bowl, such as glass, and chill for at least one hour to up to three days.