For an icy snack, whirl up our green slushie, a mix of fruits and sweet white grape juice. Using the ripest fruit gives the sweetest flavor. For honeydew melon, this means taking the paler, juicier part near the center of the melon rather than the green flesh closer to the rind. The banana should be super-ripe.
- 2 cups cubed ripe honeydew melon, frozen
- 1 cup peeled and cubed kiwifruit, frozen
- 1 ripe small banana, pre-peeled and frozen
- ½ cup 100% white grape juice, chilled
- Place the frozen melon and kiwi in a food processor.
- Slice the frozen banana and add it to the other fruit.
- Pour in the chilled 100% juice. Whirl and pulse until the mixture is an icy slush. Immediately spoon the slush into plastic cups and serve.
- Can also be served in glass dessert dishes, like a granita, for a more sophisticated presentation.