So, you are going to bake some biscuits and treat the whole family, but are hesitating as to the recipe choice. Oh, please, don’t worry, we have already found something special for you.
Why are these biscuits so suitable in accordance with our point of view? – The explanation is in the name in fact. – First of all, they are big enough even for the huge company, and the second thing is that their preparation is so easy that father is able to cope. Are you ready to try? – We are starting!
List of required products:
- 1 cup of ordinary cow milk;
- 1 tablespoon of common baking powder;
- 1 tablespoon of typical white sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 1/3 cup shortening;
- 2 cups of flour, you can take all-purpose one.
Begin to cook:
- First of all you have to preheat your oven up to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Take a large bowl and whisk there together flour, some baking powder, necessary amount of salt and sugar.
- Add the shortening. The amount of it may be quite different, as it depends greatly on other components. However, you should mind that as a result your mixture should resemble something like coarse meal.
- Adding some milk, stir the dough gradually until the moment your dough starts to pull away from your bowl sides.
- After that turn out onto a surface, where there is some flour and knead 15 to 20 times more.
- Then you have to pat or to roll the dough out up to 5 cm thick.
- Take a large knife and cut your future biscuits.
- Repeat the procedure until all dough is finished.
- Don’t forget to brush the excess flour off.
- The biscuits have to be arranged on ungreased baking tray.
- Bake them for about 13 to 15 minutes inside the preheated well oven, or until you see that the edges have got the brown hint.