When he old Russian cuisine was influenced with the French one, many original recipes appeared. The usual dishes acquired a touch of aristocracy and sophistication. That is the explanation why the ordinary cottage cheese casserole became a real festive dish!
Today we suggest you to prepare a wonderful old Easter dish, which is called a casserole with a meringue! It is incredibly tasty and beautiful.
What products to take
- 1 tbsp. — baking powder;
- 300 g cottage cheese;
- 1 cup — sugar;
- 3 tbsp. — semolina;
- 6 egg whites;
- 6 yolks;
- to taste — vanilla.
Begin to cook
- In the bowl we mix some cottage cheese, vanilla, yolks, half of sugar, semolina and baking powder.
- Whisk the mass in a food processor or blender.
- Put everything into a mold covered with oil.
- We put the future dish into the oven preheated up to 200 degrees. After that bake for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining sugar with whites for meringues. Mind that you have to get a steep mass as a result.
- We take the casserole out of the oven, lay out the whipped whites onto it.
- Put everything into the oven again. The temperature should not be changed.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool everything completely and serve to the table.
This dessert can be supplemented with various tastes. For example, you can add a layer of berries or fruits, placing them on the cottage cheese layer. Into the cottage cheese mass you can add a variety of dried fruits. Enjoy your holidays!