Also known as the best French Toasts you’ll ever try. Buttery, coated in Cinnamon Sugar and FULL of CHURRO flavour. I heart Churros. And Nutella. And this right here is the best of BOTH worlds.
- 4 slices of thick bread of choice (I love Sourdough)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sweetener/sugar of choice
- 1 tablespoon Nutella (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread), divided into 4 teaspoons
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar OR 3 tablespoons sugar mixed with 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon (adjust these measurements to suit your tastes)
How To Prepare
- Whisk the eggs and the milk together with the cinnamon, vanilla extract and sweetener/sugar in a wide shallow bowl.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the Nutella or Hazelnut spread onto each slice and sandwich them together to make 2 sandwiches.
- Soak the sandwiches in the egg wash. Heat a nonstick pan/skillet with 1 teaspoon butter. Fry the egg-soaked sandwiches on low — medium heat on both sides until golden.
Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar (or cinnamon sugar mix) onto a small plate and press the French Toast sandwiches down until coated like a Churro or a sugared donut.
Serve with 1 scoop frozen yoghurt, ice cream, fruit, berries, and/or more nutella!
Drizzle alllll over your Donut French Toasts!!