- 450g minced beef, lamb or pork
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
(Cooking time:4-6 minutes, 300 calories per person)
1. Mix together the meat, onion, garlic, the chili (if using) and seasoning to taste.
2. Shape the mixture into 8 burgers.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 2-3 minutes on either side.
4. Serve the burgers in baps with lettuce, tomato slices and sweetcorn relish, garnished with tomato wedges, baby gherkins and lettuce.
5. Alternatively, serve with mashed potatoes and Ratatouille .