Apple pies are considered to be a typical dish, belonging to the Russian or Ukrainian cuisine. But recently it has become more and more popular all around the planet. People appreciate their tender taste, refreshing filling and sophisticated flavor. Oh, can you can take them to the walking, picnic, school, university or office, if you like.
List of required products:
For dough of you want to do it yourself
- flour — 350 g
- egg yolks — 1 item;
- sour cream — 100 g
- creamy margarine or butter — 200 g
- salt – to your taste.
- some cooked apples;
- sugar — to your taste;
- spices – to your taste. You can take cinnamon, cloves or apple pie spice. Anything you like;
- peanut or sunflower oil for frying.
Begin to cook
A small note for you:
Some people prefer to use dried or stewed fruit instead of fresh ones. You can choose whatever you like. Please, don’t worry, as in any case your pies will be tasty. The amount of apples is also uncertain, as it depends on how many pies you want to make and how juicy items you need.
- First of all it is necessary to wash, to peel, to core and to slice your apples. Put them into a sauce pan with very little water on the bottom and cook them slowly. Mind that the fruit will release some juice by themselves. Pay attention, if you pour too much liquid inside, you may add a little cornstarch to the requested amount of sugar. This will thicken the content. Please, do not add any sugar, if you take the cooked apples.
- Turn the heat off and let your dish to cool off. The content shouldn’t be warm.
- If you don’t want to knead the dough, you can use the ready one. Just purchase store brand one.
- The baking tray has to be floured. After that put the dough and roll it. The edges should be covered with butter or oil.
- Arrange about 1 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the very middle of the dough. The amount usually depends on how much dough you have rolled to make the crust. Mind that they shouldn’t be too thick as the dish won’t be so tasty. The thin ones can be torn while baking. Sometimes it is possible to damp the edges even with water.
- Stick the edges tightly. Some people prefer to do this with the help of the ordinary fork. But it is recommended to do this from the both sides.
- Cover the tray with peanut oil. Arrange your pie in the skillet, when you are sure that the oil is hot enough. When you put the pie in, it should start to make a typical noise around the edges. Fry it until golden brown hint appearance. After that turn and fry in the same way the other side.
- All in all it is recommended to heat the frying pan up to 300 degrees. But you can change the temperature range, as it usually depends on the type of the skillet. Be careful and don’t burn your yummy.
- At the very end arrange your pie on the paper towels as they should drain. After that sprinkle your dish with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Enjoy! And be sure that the items will disappear rather quickly from your dish.