Chicken Cheese Steak Sandwiches are a great twist on the classic Philly Cheese Steaks that everyone knows and loves. Chicken is also an epic alternative to beef for those who do not eat red meat! We’d advise throwing on a chef’s hat and jumping in the kitchen to make these sandwiches ASAP!
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 large onion (or 2 small) sliced thinly
- 1/2 each red, orange and yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally, then cut into thin strips
- 3 slices provolone cheese, chopped into tiny pieces (or 1/3 cup shredded), plus more for topping
- 4 rolls of choice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix together the garlic, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, add half the oil and saute the onion and peppers for 5 minutes, then season with half of the seasoning mixture. Saute for another 3-7 minutes or until the onions start to caramelize. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the chicken, and season with remaining season mix. Saute until chicken is fully cooked and starts to brown. Add the veggies back in and cook until heated through.
- Quickly stir in the chopped cheese to fully incorporate until melted.
- Taste and adjust salt/pepper if needed.
- Spoon onto rolls, top with more cheese, and bake for 3-5 minutes until bread is slightly toasted and cheese is melted.