- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 12 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breast in half, length-wise. Please do not cut all the way though.
- You need to create a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Season the inside of the chicken breast with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on work surface and lay the mozzarella cheese and 3 asparagus inside of each chicken breast and fold over, enclosing the filling.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper garlic powder and paprika. Then season the outside of the chicken breast with this spice mixture.
- Heat a large and oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes each side and until the chicken is golden brown on top.
Place the chicken in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Make sure the chicken reaches the internal temperature of 165 degrees.