Chicken in Asian style is characterized by addition of some kinds of sauces. As a rule, they are spicy, but you can add as much spices as you want. The dish turns to be rather juicy and so tasty that even the naughtiest gourmets will appreciate it.
List of required products:
- 1 chicken weighing 1.8 kg;
- 5 cm of fresh ginger root;
- garlic — 3 cloves;
- 8-10 sprigs of cilantro;
- 3-4 thick stems of green onions (only white part);
- 2 limes;
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce;
- 1 tsp. honey;
- 5 tsp. curry powder;
- vegetable oil.
Begin to cook
- For marinade it is necessary to peel garlic and ginger and grate them on a fine grater, carefully collecting all the leaky juice.
- Wash the limes with a brush, wipe them off, peel off the zest with the help of a small grater.Cut the limes and squeeze the juice together with a part of the pulp.
- Finely chop the white part of the green onion. Coriander is chopped finely and put together with onions into a mortar. After that don’t forget to add grated garlic and ginger, as well as a large pinch of salt. Turn everything into the paste, gradually pouring the oil (2 tbsp.) and soy sauce.
- At the very end, add lime juice, honey and curry powder to the mortar. Allow the resulting mixture to stand for at least 15 minutes or preferably 1 hour.
- Chop the chicken along the back in half and remove the backbone. Catch the skin with a fork. Wipe with paper towels and rub with marinade from all sides. Wrap the chicken into a film and put into the fridge for 24 hours.
- Shake the chicken from the marinade, put the skin up on a hot and covered with oil grill pan. Press on with the board and set the load onto it. In 10 minutes turn the chicken over. Roast under the load, turning once every 10-15 minutes, until it is ready. As a rule, it takes about 50 minutes.