- 1 1/2 lb organic chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 red organic pepper, diced
- 1 yellow organic pepper, diced
- 1 orange organic pepper, diced
- 9 oz snow peas
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 tbsp unrefined sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions. I do mine in a rice maker which you can use for quinoa too. Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet place the olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the peppers and ginger and cook stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes until everything is almost cooked.
- Add the snow peas and cook for another minute.
- Add the cashews and sauce to the skillet and cook for 1 minute over high heat until the sauce thickens. Serve over the brown rice while still warm.