- 1 onion, chopped
- 25 g/1 Oz butter or margarine
- 225 g/8 oz long grain rice
- 1 kg/2 lb cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- 225 g/8 oz dried apricots, cut in half
- 600 ml/1 pint chicken sock
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- Salt and pepper
- Natural yoghurt to serve
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. In a large saucepan cook the onion in the butter or margarine for a few minutes until soft and transparent.
2. Add the rice and stir well until evenly coated in fat.
3. Ad the remaining ingredients, bring the mixture to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
4. Serve hot with natural yoghurt.