This super fast stir—fry is overflowing with traditional Asian spices and comes together in under 20 minutes. If you don’t have or can’t find oyster sauce, clam juice or fish sauce will work in its place
Serving: 4 servings
- 12 oz rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size strips
- 1 red bell pepper (or ½ red and ½ green), sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 4 oz shiitake or portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and shredded fresh ginger
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- few drizzles of sesame oil
- Bring medium size pan of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook them on medium heat for about 2 to 4 minutes (depending on thickness of noodles), or until barely tender. Drain and stir in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over high heat, add chicken and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add bell peppers, broccoli and mushrooms and saute 1 minute then add ginger to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine chicken stock, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch.
- Add chicken, noodles, and broth mixture to the skillet and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Right before serving drizzle sesame oil. Grab a fork and enjoy!