This sauce. THIS SAUCE. Okay. Let me back up for a sec. Sun dried tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese infused in a cream based sauce, enveloping crispy, golden pan fried chicken strips and zoodles for the craziest low carb comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 700 g | 1 1/2 lb skinless chicken thigh fillets , cut into strips
- 120 g | 4oz fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil , chopped *See Notes
- 100 g | 3.5oz jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , peeled and crushed
- 300 ml |1 1/4 cup thickened cream , reduced fat or full fat (or half and half)
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Dried basil seasoning
- Red chilli flakes
- 2 large Zucchini (or summer squash), made into Zoodles (use a vegetable grater if you don’t have a Zoodle grater)
How To Prepare
Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
Add both semi-dried and sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar (optional but adds extra flavour), and add the garlic; sauté until fragrant. (While the chicken is browning, prepare your Zoodles with a Zoodle maker OR with a normal vegetable peeler.)
Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.