Simple recipes of curry chicken mean different ways of cooking, but the main thing is a sauce, for which a mixture of spices is used. The last ones are very popular in India. And in this country there are a lot of variants, but you should use turmeric (in a more expensive version — saffron) in them.
As a part of the mixture, there are usually cumin, coriander, ginger, nutmeg, anise, clove and cinnamon. Perhaps, it is in spices there is the main secret how to prepare a chicken in curry.
List of required products:
- 800 g fillets of chicken legs;
- 300 g of canned pineapple slices;
- 3 tbsp. of green curry paste;
- 1 onion;
- garlic — 3 cloves;
- 2 — 3 cm of fresh ginger root;
- 2 small red hot chili peppers;
- a large bundle of coriander;
- 1 cup of coconut milk;
- vegetable oil;
Begin to cook
- Prepare all the ingredients. Chicken fillet is cut into pieces with side of about 2.5-3 cm. Wok or deep frying pan with a thick bottom should be heated well. Wait until it starts to smoke. Then pour the vegetable oil of 2 cm layer and quickly and on the high fire fry the pieces of chicken until they become golden brown. Mind that the best idea is to do this in portions. Prepared chicken pieces should be arranged on paper towels in order to get rid of the excess oil.
- Onion, garlic and ginger are cleaned and chopped very finely. By the way, you can grate them all on a fine grater. Spicy chili peppers are cut along. Remove seeds and septa from inside and then cut everything thinly.
- Remove the most part of the vegetable oil from the wok. Leave about 1-2 tbsp of it. Fry in it chopped onion, garlic, chili and ginger on high heat. Usually it takes not longer than 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken to wok, mix and cook for about 1 min.
- Then remove the wok from the fire and add the curry paste, mix everything thoroughly. Mind that each piece of chicken should be covered with curry. Allow the contents of the frying pan to marinate lightly for 5-7 minutes.
- Return the wok to a strong fire, pour inside the coconut milk, mix everything and bring to a boiling condition. Reduce the heat to a small one, cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pineapples are put into a colander in order to get rid of the juice. Add to wok for 3-4 minutes until they become prepared.
- Cilantro leaves are cut very finely. Place the curry on warmed plates and sprinkle with cilantro.