Easy, healthy grilled bruschetta chicken with simple seasonings, melty mozzarella cheese, and a fresh tomato and basil topping is the perfect summer meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness (1 inch or less)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (OR ¼ teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- tomato basil topping
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- In a large bowl combine chicken, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine and coat chicken evenly with the seasonings.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the topping. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and basil and stir well.
- Once chicken is cooked through, top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for about 1 minute longer until cheese is melty.
- Top chicken with tomato basil topping and serve immediately.