Yield: About 5 servings
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa*
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 2/3 cups frozen corn , warmed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, warmed along with liquid from the can then drained (optional)
- Mexican blend cheese
- Plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- 3 medium roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 1/2 medium avocados , diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion , rinsed
- 1 jalapeño , seeded for less heat if desired and minced**
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- In a medium saucepan stir together quinoa and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until broth has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill to 425 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together ancho chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Pound chicken breasts to even out their thickness using the flat side of meat mallet. Brush both sides with the 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil then season both sides of chicken with the chili powder mixture (use all of it).
- Grill chicken until center registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side (or about 4 minutes total if using an indoor electric grill or panini press set at high heat or sear). Transfer chicken to a plate, cover and let rest 5 minutes then cut into pieces, season with more salt to taste if desired.
- While the chicken is resting, prepare avocado salsa. In a medium mixing bowl gently toss together tomatoes, avocados, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble burrito bowls, divide quinoa among serving bowls. Top with chicken, corn, black beans, cheese, avocado salsa and Greek yogurt.