Honey Lemon Chicken — crispy chicken with AMAZING honey lemon sauce. Quick and easy recipe that anyone can make at home.
Serves 4 | 320 calories per serving
- 2 small chicken breasts, each cut horizontally to form 4 steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- ¼ tsp each onion and garlic powder (optional — extra flavour)
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¾ cup chicken broth / stock
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Combine flour, onion and garlic powder on a plate. Dredge chicken, shaking off excess. Reserve flour.
2. Place butter, oil and garlic in skillet over high heat. When butter is melted, cook chicken until golden brown on both sides, remove from pan.
3 Turn heat down to medium high. Add chicken broth and bring to simmer, scraping the pan to mix brown bits into the liquid.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Mix together 1/2 tsp of reserved flour with a tiny splash of water, add to pan. Simmer until sauce thickens.
5. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat in the sauce. Serve with lemon slices and fresh parsley.