So quick and simple! This beautiful fragrant stir fry takes minutes to prepare, and is so full of flavour you’ll be drinking the finished sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce!
- 1 tablespoon sesame or peanut oil
- 3 stalks shallots/green onions , sliced
- 1 carrot , peeled and sliced thinly
- 500 g | 1lbs boneless and skinless chicken thigh or breast fillets , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bunches Bok Choy , washed and halved
- 2 cups mushrooms , sliced
Honey Mustard Stir Fry Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 level teaspoons cornflour whisked with 1-2 tablespoon warm water
How To Prepare
Whisk all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large pan/skillet on medium-high heat. Add the shallots/green onions and carrots, and fry until onion is fragrant, (about 2 minutes). Add the chicken and fry until golden. Add the bok choy and the mushrooms, and fry again until book toy begins to wilt slightly.
Pour in the honey mustard sauce, and allow everything to simmer for about 1 minute. Stir the cornflour mixture through the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for a further minute or two until sauce has thickened.
Serve over rice of choice!