A friend of mine invited me for dinner, and she served this chicken curry with rice. Although I had to keep a jug of water beside me throughout the meal, I enjoyed it so much I had to ask her to teach me how to make this amazing chicken dish!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6-10 chicken pieces, skin removed
- water for boiling stew
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 tbsp tomato paste
- Indian chili
- vanilla sprigs
- dried herbs
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil and fry the onions until slightly browned. Add the vanilla sprigs.
- Add tomato paste and stir for a minute. Pour a cup of water to the pot and boil for 5 minutes.
- While boiling, add the salt and all spices (desired quantity, but go easy on the chili). Replace lid and continue boiling.
- Add the salted chicken pieces to your pot and boil for a further 5 minutes. When the curry begins to thicken, lower the heat and simmer for a few more minutes until chicken is well cooked to the bone.
- Serve with rice and a salad of your choice.