This is an amazing recipe. Do not let the number of ingredients scare you off … just line up the bottles and measure!
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C / Gas 7.
- First prepare the marinade by combining all the ingredients with a good grinding of black pepper and a dash of oil. Rub the marinade into the chicken pieces. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour (or, better still, overnight).
- Heat a large ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat and add a dash of oil. Fry the chicken pieces for about 10 minutes until golden brown on all sides. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover with an ovenproof lid or foil and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until cooked through. Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes if the chicken needs colouring a little more.
- Serve the chicken hot with rice.