For a quick , easily prepared, delicious and hearty meal you won’t have to go far from your kitchen to make this dish. How efficient! And your family with enjoy it thoroughly too.
- 4-6 chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice for marinade
- curry powder
- mild chili spice
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 -2 cups jasmine rice
- water corresponding to rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- Marinade the chicken in advance. Into the soy sauce, add the spices and lemon and mix well . Place the chicken in the prepared marinade for about half an hour, in a sealed plastic bag.
- Using a large pan, pour a little oil and heat. Fry the chicken pieces just until browned on both sides (not cooked to the bone). Remove from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Without washing out the pan, fry the onion and mixed vegetables for a minute, add the rice, salt and pepper and stir together well.
- Pour in the marinade mixture and equivalent water to the rice you measured and stir once.
- Cover pan with a lid and leave on medium heat until cooked. Lower the heat more if you sense the bottom might burn after some time.
- Serve immediately, with a salad of your choice.