Chicken drumsticks and scones, baked together in a large pan, make an excellent casual meal that can be taken outside in the garden, or on the patio. A salad or corn on the cob will complete an easy dinner!
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp garlic pepper
- Other spices as you like
Pre-heat the oven.
- Put the oil and butter in large (and I do mean large) roasting dish and put it in the oven to melt.
- Once it’s melted, turn the chicken pieces in the oil, and push them up one end of the pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients and sprinkle over the chicken pieces, turning so all sides are coated.
Cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn. Cook five minutes.
- Add the scones and cook another 15 minutes. (If the chicken is cooked first, remove from pan). Pan-baked Scones
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk (approx)
- Put the flour in a bowl.
- Add the milk to the melted butter and mix to the flour with a knife. (Adjust milk / flour if required).
Roll out thinner than usual on a floured board.
- Cut into 12-16 scones.
- Turn in the buttery chicken juices, then place fairly close together in one end of the pan.
- Bake until lightly browned top and bottom (approx 15 minutes).
Replace the drumsticks with other chicken pieces. Alter the times to suit.