- 1 tablespoon each: chili powder, ground cumin, and paprika powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 each red, yellow and orange bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6-8 chicken tenders or 3 boneless & skinless breasts
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 4 cups water
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Black beans
- Corn kernels
- Shredded cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasonings and set aside.
- In the bowl of the slow cooker, add the onions, peppers and garlic and toss with half of the seasoning mix until coated. Lay the chicken on top and season both sides with the remaining seasoning mix.
- Whisk together the tomato paste and water and pour it into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 until chicken is tender. When the chicken starts to fall apart, shred with two forks and stir back into the juices.
- Meanwhile, just before chicken is finished, cook rice according to package directions. Set aside to keep warm.
- When the chicken is done, assemble the rice bowls starting with the lettuce, rice, chicken fajitas and then all the toppings/extras.