Today we will prepare a wonderful dish, which came from Georgian cuisine and has taken a firm place in the menus of various parts of the world.
A flavored, bright, spicy and very tasty dish is prepared easily and quickly. There are a lot of chahohbili recipes, but today we are going to introduce the most traditional one. Of course, as a rule, we do not have such herbs as Georgians usually use and the sort of plums is different. But the chicken is home, however, you can take the purchased broiler, of course. All the same it will turn out to be very delicious.
List of required products:
- 2-3 large onions;
- 5-6 medium tomatoes;
- 4-5 medium plums;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 100 milliliters of white wine;
- a large bundle of coriander;
- one tablespoon of khmeli-suneli;
- salt and black ground pepper — to your own taste;
- red hot pepper;
- vegetable oil;
- 30 grams of butter.
Begin to cook
- We chop off the chicken and cut into portions. The pieces should if approximately the same size. Frankly speaking, instead of chicken, you can use pork or beef for cooking chahokhbili.
- Plums are washed, put into a saucepan and poured with water. We put them on the stove and cook until they become soft on medium heat.
- Hot plums are passed through a sieve.
- In order to peel the ripe tomatoes, we make an incision from the side opposite the peduncle and pour the vegetables into the boiling water for 15-20 seconds.
- We get them out of the water, peel off and chop finely.
- We peel large onions from the husk and cut into thin feathers.
- We cut a large bunch of greenery with a knife. Some families do not like coriander, so you can use parsley instead.
- Chop the garlic with a knife.
- Into the frying pan it is necessary to pour a little vegetable oil. Warm it up and lay out the chicken there.
- After the meat burns, the chicken should be salted and peppered to your personal taste. After that pour in the dry wine and continue to stew for 10 minutes on high heat.
- After this time we add khmeli-suneli and mix everything carefully.
- Add the sliced tomatoes, stir and continue to stew for 5-7 minutes without the lid.
- Then cover the frying pan with a lid and stew until the dish is fully cooked. Periodically open the lid, mix the meat and make sure that there is enough liquid in the frying pan.
- At this time in another pan fry onions (in a small amount of vegetable oil). Fry until light golden hint, then add butter and stew to a beautiful golden color.
- 10 minutes before the meat is ready, we put onion, plum puree (to taste) and bring it to the ready condition.
- Three minutes before the readiness, we add red ground hot pepper.
- After turning off the fire, we send greens and garlic to the frying pan. Stir everything and set the table.
- Serve as a separate dish with amazingly delicious homemade flat cakes.