The aromas of soy plus sweet soy, along with honey and intermingled with garlic is slightly intoxicating and one of our favorite ways to prepare and eat wings.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce,
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry. Remove tip and discard; separate each wing at the joint.
- Place wings in a shallow dish and pour over the soy sauce, ginger, cilantro, garlic, and lemon juice. Toss well to coat; marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
- Remove wings from marinade and pat dry; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter in the olive oil. When the butter stops foaming, add the honey and chicken wings and fry until browned on each side, about 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the wings, turning them over often to coat them. Cook until the wings are sticky and cooked through. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.