- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced (any tomato will work)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the avocado, tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side about 6 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and avocado, tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.