Skip the takeout and make this quick and easy Kung Pao Chicken at home. It takes just 15 minutes to make which means you may never order takeout again!
Cooking time: 15minutes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 8 small dried red Chinese chilies rehydrated
- 1 green onion sliced
How To Prepare
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set aside.
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add in vegetable oil and let heat for 1 minute. Add in chicken breast chunks and cook in the oil over high heat until chicken is seared on the outside.
Add in bell peppers and sauce. Continue to cook until bell peppers are tender crisp and chicken is cooked through.
Add in peanuts, garlic, ginger, and chilies and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
Serve hot and garnish with green onion.