Easy thai chicken satay in a thick and creamy peanut sauce! a special ingredient makes this satay taste incredible. keto and low carb recipe!
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
For The Chicken Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk (from a 400ml tin)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 tablespoon packed light brown sugar (omit for KETO)
- 1 1/4 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce**
- Pinch of salt
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in or out*
- 2 teaspoons Peanut oil for frying
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1 1/3 cup coconut milk (all remaining milk from the tin)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (all natural preferable)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar (omit for KETO)
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Tamarind puree (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cilantro leaves to garnish
- Lime wedges to garnish
- Red chillies, sliced to garnish
How To Prepare
For the chicken marinade, mix together the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, curry paste, sauces and salt in a large, shallow bowl until well combined and creamy. Add in the chicken, turning to coat completely with the marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes to half an hour in the refrigerator (if time allows).
Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C.
Heat oil in an oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken until browned on each side and fragrant (about 8-10 minutes each side). Transfer to the oven and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (juices run clear and no longer pink inside).
While the chicken is in the oven, combine all Peanut Sauce ingredients into a saucepan EXCEPT for the lime juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer until combined and thickened (about 5-6 minutes). Once thick, take off heat and stir in the lime juice (start with 1 tablespoon and adjust accordingly to suit your tastes).
Serve the chicken with the peanut sauce: either pour it all into the pan with the chicken OR serve separately.