A wonderful chicken in garlic sauce is one of the variants of the famous French recipe «Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic».
Juicy chicken in a flavored sauce of cream and a lot of garlic — it’s so delicious that you will just lick your fingers. By the way, we can’t but mention one important thing, it is very simple to cook it. — Just cut into pieces, fry and stew in a sauce of wine. The combination of flavored spices and wine with cognac is really perfect. In many families this is a favorite dish: try it and you are sure to.
List of required products:
- whole chicken;
- 40 cloves of garlic;
- one average onions;
- 2 tablespoons brandy (if desired);
- 200 milliliters of dry white wine;
- 300 milliliters of chicken broth;
- one teaspoon of dry thyme;
- 2-3 bay leaves;
- 4 tablespoons cream;
- vegetable oil odorless — for roasting.
Begin to cook
- We chop the chicken into portions. For this, we cut off the legs, the wings, and separate the fillets. Its back will be used for soup, and all other parts are stewed in sauce.
- Pieces of chicken are salted, peppered to taste and left to marinate.
- We put back into a saucepan. Fill with water and put on the fire: we will boil the broth. The cooked broth will need to be filtered.
- After half an hour in a deep frying pan we warm up the sunflower oil without a smell, lay out the chicken and fry it from two sides to rouge hint. Then we take the meat into a separate bowl.
- We peel the of onions from the husk, cut it into quarter rings. Garlic cloves are peeled from the husk, we will not cut it out.
- Into the oil, which is left in the frying pan. Put onions and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes. The onion should become transparent and a garlic flavor should appear.
- In this time we pour cognac and white wine into the frying pan, cook for about 5 minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- Then pour in the chicken broth, taste it: if necessary, add salt and your favorite spices. Then put the fried pieces of chicken back into the frying pan.
- Close the frying pan with a lid, stew until the chicken is ready. Then we take the chicken out of the pan again.
- From the broth take out the bay leaf and a few cloves of garlic (for decoration), and all the other parts should be ground to homogeneity with a blender.
- The sauce is cooked for a while until it becomes thicker. Then add the cream and cook for another 1-2 minutes and remove from the fire.
- Here is a small tip for you. If desired, you can thicken the sauce with starch. In order to do this properly, dilute a teaspoon of potato starch in cold water. Then pour a thin trickle into the sauce, stirring constantly. Stir and, not leading to a boiling condition, remove the pan from the fire.
- Before serving, pour chicken pieces with hot sauce and set the table immediately. Serve this dish with a lot of fresh bread, which is very tasty with the sauce. But you can also serve with rice, potatoes or pasta to it.
Serve the chicken with delicious homemade bread baked in the oven or, for a change, prepare the Italian country bread «Ciabatta».