This Chocolate Avocado Mousse is so close to the real thing, that if you did not know any better you’d never guess this dessert contained avocado!
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and stoned
- 3-4 tbsp runny honey, to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g raw cacao powder
- Put the avocados into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the honey with the vanilla and cacao powder and blend again. Taste and add more honey if necessary.
- Spoon the mousse into 8 shot or sweet wine glasses and put them into the fridge for an hour before serving.
HOW TO MEASURE HONEY
Because honey is so sticky, it can be difficult to measure it accurately — so much can be left behind on the spoon! If, however, you will coat the measuring spoon with a thin layer of flavorless oil like groundnut, it will slip right away, ensuring that the right amount of honey makes it into your cooking.