To make the lemon sauce in the microwave , mix the ingredients until smooth , adding all the liquid . Microwave on full power for 6 minutes, whisking twice.
- 100 g soft margarine
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175 g self raising flour, sifted
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 25 g cornflour
- 50 g sugar
- 300 ml water
- 25 g butter
- Grease a deep 15 cm/6 inch square cake tin.
- Beat the margarine and sugar together until creamy , gradually beat in the eggs, then fold in the flour and ginger .
- Pour into the tin and bake in a moderate oven for 40-45 minutes. Turn out of the tin.
- To mae the sauce, mix the lemon juice and rind with the cornflour and sugar .
- Gradually add the water, transfer to the hob and bring to the boil , stirring continuously.
- Stir in the butter .
- Cut the pudding into squares and serve hot with the sauce.