If you like Mexican cuisine, this recipe is for you. Tortillas cut into rounds gets caramelized and crispy in the oven. With hot chocolate they are just amazing.
• two 9- to 10-inch flour tortillas
• 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
• 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
• 3 cups whole or 2% milk
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Cut the tortillas into 2-1/2 inch rounds. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Put the butter in the baking sheet and put in the oven heated to 500°F until the butter melts.
3. Take the sheet out and place tortillas turning the coat both sides in the butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and put back in the oven.
4. Bake for 3-5min until it gets golden, transfer to baking sheet and let it cool.
5. Mix cream and milk in a medium saucepan and boil on a medium heat. Reduce the heat and whisk in the chocolate until it melts, add vanilla, pour into bowls and serve with cinnamon crisps.
If you like dessert, you can try also Homemade croissants