If you don’t like juice bought in the stores, you should try to make compote. Its very easy and fast.
List of ingredients
• 24 oz. fresh cranberries
• Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• Finely grated zest of 1 orange
• 2 shallots, finely chopped (about 4 Tbs.)
• 2 cups sugar
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (3 large)
- Combine cranberries, orange zest, lemon zest, shallots and sugar in a bowl, mix well and put into a 3-qt. glass baking dish and add the orange juice.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 350°F for 30 min and stir occasionally.
- Remove from oven, let it cool and put in the refrigerator.
Before serving remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Fold in the sliced scallions and put in the serving bowl.
You can also try Cinnamon crisps with hot chocolate