This easy as pie no churn Mexican hot chocolate ice cream is sweet and creamy with a hint of cinnamon. No ice cream maker required!
Recipe by Dora’s Table
Preparation time: 10minutes
- 2 tablets Hernan Mexican chocolate or chocolate of choice
- 2 cups unsweetened almond, coconut or soy milk
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in half, flesh removed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Bring the milk to a very low simmer over low heat. Add the chocolate tablets and stir with a whisk or molinillo.
- Once the chocolate has dissolved, pour it in a container and let it cool completely in the fridge or freezer.
- Place the chocolate mixture, avocado, and maple syrup in the blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour into ice trays and freeze overnight.
- The following day unmold the cubes and place in the food processor. Process until smooth (hold on to your food processor because it’s going to shake!)
- Eat right away and enjoy!
- You can replace the maple syrup with an equivalent quantity of the sweetener of your choice.
- If you have an ice cream machine, cool down the chocolate mixture then add to your machine. You can then skip steps 4, 5 and 6.