Delicacies from India are hard to be called light, as most of them consist of a lot of sugar or deep-fried. And therefore suitable for those who decided to take a break from a diet and eat sweets from the heart.
Indian Ladu is something like a truffle, which is made from a mixture of chickpeas, melted butter and sugar with nuts and spices. This dessert is an ideal and simple beginning to get acquainted with authentic oriental sweets.
What products to take
- chickpea flour — 420 g;
- ghee oil (or ordinary butter) — 240 g;
- sugar — 340 g;
- on a handful of almonds and cashew nuts;
- pinch of saffron (optional);
- ground cardamom — 1 ½ tsp.
Begin to cook
- Melt butter or ghee oil in a large frying pan. To the melted butter, pour the chickpea flour and fry for another 5-6 minutes until you hear a characteristic nutty flavor.
- Add crushed nuts and saffron to flour paste, continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes, until the mixture changes color to a darker one.
- At the very end of the preparation process, sprinkle a lot of ground cardamom and sweeten with sugar.
- Cooling the mass to a comfortable temperature, start dividing it into portions and rolling in balls the size of a ping-pong ball each.