And do you know that from berries you can cook an incredibly tasty and useful dessert? This is a jelly from berries, which was very popular in Old Russian cuisine. Such a sweet dish was prepared for holidays and weekdays.
For the sweet jelly you have to use any berries you want or would like. Today we have decided to try to cook this original forgotten dish. In order to make it we have used cherries, and as a result we have something really delicious. Sweet jelly is worth your attention!
What products to take
- 1 lemon;
- 2 kg cherries;
- 2 cups of red dry wine;
- 500 g — sugar;
- 5 pieces — cloves;
- to taste — cinnamon.
Begin to cook
- We clean cherries from pits. Take 1 kilogram, cut or crush.
- To the berries, we have to add cloves (we first grind it) and some cinnamon to taste.
- Leave to stand for 1 hour, in order to get out the juice, then grind the future dish through a sieve.
- We pour wine, lemon juice, add sugar.
- After that mix everything thoroughly.
- Then add whole berries to the mass.
- We put on the top shelf of the fridge, so that the mass will cool down properly.
You can serve such sweet jellies just like that, but it’s more delicious with biscuit, rolls or buns. Enjoy the delicious Old Russian dessert!