Pimms Jelly is a beautiful pudding to have in the garden on a summer’s afternoon, especially if served in pretty glasses.
- Soften the gelatine in cold water for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat half the lemonade until almost boiling, then remove from the heat. Squeeze the water from the gelatine, then stir it into the hot lemonade until completely dissolved.
- Quarter the strawberries and peel and segment 1 of the oranges. Chop the apple into equal-sized pieces and toss in half of the lemon juice.
- Once the lemonade and gelatine mixture has cooled, stir in the Pimm’s, the remaining lemonade and the lemon juice. Pass through a sieve. Divide the prepared fruit between 6-8 moulds, tumblers or teacups (the number depends on their capacity), then pour the jelly mixture over and chill for 2–3 hours until completely set.
- To make the cream, finely zest and juice the second orange. Mix with the sugar and boil in a small pan for about 5 minutes until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Beat into the mascarpone. Softly whip the double cream and fold into the orange mascarpone. Chill until ready to use.
- Remove the jellies from the fridge 20–30 minutes before serving, placing them on small plates or saucers and turning them out if you wish. Spoon some of the orange cream on top of each jelly and garnish with mint leaves. Serve with a biscuit on the side if you like.