- 100 g/4 oz no-need-to-soak stoned dried prunes
- 100 g/4 oz no-need-to-soak dried apricots
- 4 tbsp water
- 50 g/2 oz chopped walnuts
- 100g margarine
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g self raising wholemeal flour
1. Arrange the prunes and apricots int he base of a 1.15 litre/2 pint ovenproof dish.
2. Sprinkle over the water and add the walnuts.
3. Beat the margarine and sugar together until creamy.
4. Gradually beat the eggs, them fold in the flour.
5. The mixture should be a soft dropping consistency.
6. Cover the fruit with a sponge mixture and bake for about an hour in a moderate oven.
7. Serve hot with custard, or any sauce of your choice.